Sunday, June 15, 2008

OK - the party was fun . . . and Father's Day was too

I really need to be more positive. The party was fun and I had a chance to catch up with a lot of people I hadn't seen for awhile. The boys had a great time playing in the pool with Dave. Apparently Lucas was doing flips off the diving board (before I got there -I came separately with Kiera) and having a grand ol' time until he landed on his back in the water and decided that maybe flips weren't such a great idea. I hope someone took a picture - I'll post it if I can find one. Lauren and Lexi got Webkins out the kazoo. I have no idea what they are other than stuffed animals, but I probably should find out in case one of the boys gets interested.

Today is Father's Day and the boys are very excited. Lucas woke me up 'early' to decorate for Daddy. Unfortunately early was 7:42 which is actually quite late for me and was definitely too late to decorate the house and make it to church by 9:00. I convinced them that breakfast in bed was an equally good surprise for Daddy and actually got them to get dressed while I threw together some fried eggs (I know, not very fancy, but the toast was made from homemade bread!). Kyle wasn't dressed by the time breakfast was ready and cried until I got him some clothes to wear. I think Dave would have preferred to sleep longer, but he put on a good face for the overeager boys and made all the appropriate comments to their father's day artwork. I got Dave the best card. It's a picture from Casa Blanca - the end where Humphrey Bogart is leaving Irene Dunne at the airport. Instead of saying "we'll always have Paris" the caption bubble says"We'll always have children". Her bubble says, "I know, what were we thinking?!" I love my kids to death, but sometimes I wonder exactly that!

Anyway, we actually made it to church on time, for once. I spent most of the service sitting outside the chapel with Kiera, who didn't want to sleep through the service like she usually does. When we got home Dave took a LONG nap and we're getting ready to head out to dinner with my parents at the most kid friendly sit down restaurant in Tucson - Buddy's Grill.

No comments: